Saturday, November 21, 2009

R'n'R Mamas, Graffiti

Part of something I'm working on for the "Rock 'n' Roll Mama's" documentary...


I'm using a technique combining Flash and Maya, and I'm totally digging the look and workflow. It kind of gives the Flash a 3D and organic look (sort of) and I have the flexibility to change, move, adjust elements around while all the time utilizing the Maya camera.

So my next question is, how do I sell this style and do something really cool with it. My tendency is to say I want to make a feature film doing it all this way, and I guess I could. What it then come down to is getting a hold of an intriquing story, (I have notebooks full of them), and then sitting down for about a year and cranking it out.

I tend to be my own worst enemy, my worst critic, and in turn I usually don't ever get to the projects I love. As you can see from above I end up doing all this cool experimental animation for other people, and that tends to be a tad on the unsatisfying side.

So from now on I'm going to approach things differently.

1 comment:

Kohaku said...

Wow that looks really cool! I think it's a fresh new approach to animating. It'd be awesome to see your project all finished.